Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger and Dean Dakolias, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
Fortress Investment Group’s New York office has an immediate opening for a Commercial Real Estate Analyst in the Credit Asset Management Department. This position, which reports to the Senior Vice President/Senior Asset Manager, offers significant growth and advancement opportunities. The individual hired for this position will work directly on a large highly visible mixed use re-development project located in Manhattan. This position will have direct exposure/interaction with the Senior Management of the company and will interact with developers, equity partners, lenders and other industry professionals.
This is a merit driven organization with an open door policy which looks for confident professionals, who communicate openly and honestly, have a strong work ethic, are proactive, and desire to learn and assume additional responsibility within the organization.
- Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues and third parties (including joint venture partners and loan servicers)
- Provide analytical and asset management support on a large re-development project in Manhattan
- Prepare and maintain property and portfolio valuations using discounted cash flow models
- Review and prepare development funding package and project summary dashboards for senior management review.
- Review weekly and monthly reporting packages and evaluate variances and trends in operating income and expenses
- Manipulate large quantities of loan and property level data received from third parties
- Implement and monitor action steps and strategies to maximize the value of the assets
- Monitor legal documents such as loan agreements, leases, management and leasing agreements to ensure compliance
- Regularly perform site inspections to ensure the value of assets
- Perform market data analysis
- Prepare annual business plan
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- At least two years of experience in commercial real estate; including experience and expertise in reviewing loan documents, analyzing rent rolls, leases, operating statements, joint venture agreements, budgets, appraisals, environmental and engineering reports.
- Extremely Strong Excel modeling skills
- Proficiency in Argus
- Development and construction experience is a plus.
- An undergraduate degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, merit driven work environment
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- Success developing and sustaining strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- The ability to work independently in a demanding environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail