Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $70.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2016.
Fortress has an immediate opening for a Capital Formation Analyst/Associate in the New York office to support its Credit & Real Estate business, which invests globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments and real estate equity & debt. The Credit & Real Estate Funds have over $18 billion AUM and is dedicated to asset management in over 15 locations, with global office locations in London, Tokyo and Sydney.
The Credit & Real Estate Capital Formation hire will manage various aspects of fund marketing, analysis, and communication mainly for prospective investors for the Fortress Credit & Real Estate Funds. The hire will work directly with the Credit & Real Estate business’s CIOs, investment professionals, accounting teams and operations in order to regularly provide investors with accurate, concise and meaningful portfolio analytics as well as respond to investor due diligence underwriting requests.
The Credit Capital Formation Analyst/Associate will:
• Develop and produce fund marketing materials
• Respond to investor due diligence requests for prospective and existing investors
• Maintain performance analytics for the Credit Funds
• Conduct market research and competitive intelligence
• Liaise and attend meetings with various business groups across the firm
• Assist in coordination of annual investor meetings (LPACs) including planning and production of fund/investment updates
The ideal candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree from a top university with a strong academic record
• At least 2 - 4 years of finance experience (preference for investment banking / capital markets / alternative asset management experience)
• Opportunistic credit and/or real estate experience a strong plus
• An understanding of broad financial markets and indices
• Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Excellent organizational skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and desire to excel in a dynamic work environment