Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About Fortress Transportation & Infrastructure LLC
Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure LLC (NYSE : “FTAI” or the “Company”) is a Limited Liability Company in the FIG Private Equity business which focuses on purchasing assets that are essential to the transport of goods and people globally. FTAI’s strategy is to acquire assets and lease them to major operators of transportation and infrastructure networks. The fund will also focus on equity investments, acquisitions, and other investment opportunities. FTAI will invest across all sectors (aviation, energy, intermodal transport and rail.) and asset types with the goal of generating total returns of 15% to 25% using reasonable leverage. FTAI went public on the New York Stock Exchange and raised total proceeds of over $350 million with additional offerings over the last couple of years. The Company will seek additional follow-on equity offerings or long term financings to fund the Company’s growth strategy. The Company’s long-term plan is to grow the portfolio significantly over the coming years.
About The Position
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing, reporting and continually improving all aspects of the accounting processes of FTAI. Reporting to the Controller, this individual will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timely reporting of financial data for the company’s SEC requirements, CEO and CFO certifications, FIG reporting requirements, and investor communications. The Accounting Manager will continue to build on the public company infrastructure, enhance controls and processes and build out reporting capabilities.
The individual will also assist the team in evolving the current accounting platform to more efficiently prepare accurate reporting on a legal entity and consolidated basis, as well as build standardized processes that can be repeated efficiently to support a regular month end hard close.
- Completing monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the financial and operational execution and analysis of day to day accounting for our infrastructure businesses, with a focus on fixed assets accounting, revenue recognition and preparation and review of financial information.
- Providing technical accounting reviews of acquisitions and determination of purchase accounting for transactions. Develop processes for on-going reporting requirements.
- Assist with the preparation and review of financial statements to comply with SEC filing requirements including annual (10-K) quarterly (10-Q) reporting and registration statements.
- Prepare statutory financial statements for stand-alone legal entities as required for local filing requirements.
- Assist with the design, documentation and implementation of policies and procedures to maintain strong internal controls and be compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) requirements. This will also include making certain there is clear and complete documentation of management’s testing of internal controls.
- Have regular interactions with the CAO, Controller, and deal team.
- Liaise and manage the relationships with the firm’s external auditors, providing information required for their completion of annual audits, interim reviews and other engagement work.
- Liaise with the Financial, Planning, and Analysis (“FP&A”) Leader as it relates to budgets, forecasts, business plans, and other related management reporting and analyses. Assist the FP&A leader to understand financial results as reported in the general ledger so as to facilitate FP&A’s timely generation of meaningful financial and management reports.
- Review related press releases, earnings call transcripts, and supplemental investor presentations. Assist Investor Relations to prepare related materials, as required.
- Work seamlessly with all other functions including Legal, Investor Relations, Sales, Tax and outside services providers including underwriters, law firms, etc.
- Undergraduate degree from a well-respected school. CPA is strongly preferred.
- 5 - 7+ years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience, with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to think strategically and operationally is a must.
- Technical and practical knowledge of key U.S. GAAP literature with specific focus on leasing, fixed assets, revenue recognition, impairment testing.
- Experience with infrastructure industries a plus.
- Proficiency in SEC requirements, specifically Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, requiring total commitment and long hours during peak times.
- Experience in establishing accounting and reporting functions, as well as documenting policies and procedures, writing technical accounting memos.
- Extensive knowledge of rule for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance of a public company.
- “Big Four” accounting firm experience a plus.
- Impeccable integrity and ethics.
- Expertise in use of finance computer applications and accounting spreadsheets.
- Strong track record of delivering accurate, timely accounting information and reports, with careful eye for detail.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity and honesty.
- Must have strong drive and initiative with ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Strategic perspective – looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future; and passionate about building a high performing organization
- Business acumen – knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his or her business and organization; knows the competition; and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Creativity – develops new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; and tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Organizing – can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; and arranges information in a useful manner
- Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, sideways, and inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; and can diffuse even high-tension situations effectively