Senior Accountant - Business Area Controllers Group
This person will be exposed to the various accounting, regulatory and business issues surrounding Fortress and its subsidiaries, including historical cost and fair value accounting. This person will also work with other Fortress accounting groups, i.e., private equity, REIT, and hedge funds.
- Be one of the primary liaisons between the corporate accounting group and the different business groups (i.e. – hedge funds and private equity).
- Review fund documents to understand various fund structures and Fortress’s economics for each vehicle (ie – management fee, incentive fee, equity interest).
- Prepare detailed accounting memorandum on transaction related activities, including consolidation accounting and revenue recognition
- Review monthly reporting packages and files provided by the business groups for reasonableness in determining whether the calculation of management fees, incentive allocation, and equity pick-up is complete and accurate.
- Prepare revenue and balance sheet analytics and provide explanations for significant variances.
- Assist with the drafting of certain financial statement footnotes and MD&A sections in Fortress’s quarterly and annual reports.
- Prepare and maintain internal control documentation.
- Coordinate activities of internal and external auditors and other consultants.
- Assist with various special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- BS Degree (or equivalent)
- CPA and 3-6 years of public accounting and/or private accounting experience.
- Experience with various accounting and reporting matters.
- Knowledge of the investment management or financial services industries is required.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Fund Accounting experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Investran a plus
- Bright, quick learner, motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to “roll up sleeves”
- Flexible, self-confidence and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Positive initiative with ability to drive projects forward