< Back to job list
NRZ Valuations Analyst
Permanent Capital Vehicles
Date published: 8-Apr-2019
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About New Residential Investment Corp.
New Residential Investment Corp. (NYSE: NRZ) is a publicly traded real estate investment trust (“REIT”) that focuses on investing in, and actively managing, investments primarily related to residential real estate.
- Perform valuations of RMBS, whole loans, fixed-income securities and other specific assets and liabilities as required for management planning and financial reporting
- On a daily basis, review and analyze structured collateral performance and determine reasonableness of valuation assumptions
- Coordinate with third party pricing service providers to determine reasonableness and challenge vendor assumptions with supporting market data resulting in updated vendor pricing
- Create pricing model per deal documents for new investments
- Actively contribute to research, executive reports and financial modeling
- Support the on-going analysis of the portfolio by keeping track of significant events, new trades / deal flows, macro-economic factors, regulatory changes and understand the impact on valuation
- Assist with quarterly/annual audit by providing robust support and documentation
- Contribute to implementation and testing of new modeling initiatives by liaising with asset managers, technology and modeling teams
- Regularly seek opportunities to improve processes, controls and procedures. Lead projects for work process automation, technology integration/development in concert with other Fortress groups, third party vendors, and trading counterparties
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, post graduate degree is a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working in financial services
- An excellent understanding of mortgage industry, securitizations and fixed income capital markets. Experience with mortgage servicing rights is a plus.
- A strong learning skill with an interest and ability in fixed-income valuations and relevant cash flow analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Word
- Experience using Bloomberg and cash flow tools like Intex and Polypaths
- Strong modeling and valuation skills, coupled with an understanding of financial reporting systems, procedures and controls
- Excellent problem solving, writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Send to a friend
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.