Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure (NYSE: FTAI) is a global company that owns and acquires high quality transportation equipment and infrastructure that is essential for the transportation of goods and people globally. FTAI currently invests across four market sectors: aviation, energy, intermodal transport and rail. FTAI is externally managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC, which has a dedicated team of professionals who collectively have acquired over $17 billion in transportation related assets since 2002.
Brightline is the only new major private passenger inter-city railroad in the U.S. in over a century. Brightline has built and commenced operations in Florida, with stations in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. Brightline plans on making significant further investments expanding their network within Florida to Orlando and Tampa and between other major city pairs across the country. Brightline seeks to hire a Corporate Finance Associate to provide critical financial modeling, research and analytical support for the development and execution of our strategy. This position will have significant interaction with senior management and Fortress, Brightline's private equity sponsor.
The Financial Analyst will:
- Analyze and execute investment strategies
- Have frequent interaction with our private equity sponsor, Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure.
- Develop flexible financial models and perform ad hoc financial forecasting, analyses and modeling
- Develop and manage financial analysts within the company
- Develop, conduct and coordinate financial analyses, reports and presentations to facilitate making important business decisions
- Conduct financial and business (e.g. industry analysis, competitive position, growth prospects) diligence and evaluate new product development and investment opportunities
- Provide analytical support for debt and equity transactions
- Participate in strategic planning and budget processes
- Maintain certain performance tracking metrics
- Brightline is a new business model – agile and evolving. The job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you’ll do.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics or an MBA
- 2-4 years of experience as an Analyst at a top investment bank, most preferably in Transportation, Industrials, Real Estate or M&A departments
- Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the confidence to interact with senior business and finance leaders within the private equity business