Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger and Dean Dakolias, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
Fortress’s Credit Fund is looking to hire an Analyst in the LA office to help analyze potential real estate and corporate investments across the US and internationally. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical skillset to be able to assist with and create the financial modelling required to accurately assess an investment opportunity. The Analyst will learn how to invest in various illiquid forms of assets by working side-by-side with top professionals in a close-knit team with a history of making successful investments. No finance experience or background is required.
- Create and manipulate cash flow models in excel to help analyze potential investments
- Analyze a company’s financial standings via the use of research reports, financials, public filings and management discussions.
- Identify patterns and macro themes
- Analyze and model esoteric illiquid assets
- Coordinate due diligence on investments including travel as necessary (for site visits or management meetings)
- Develop and present financial analyses, reports and presentations to support decision making in situations involving new investments and existing portfolio companies and assets
- Assist in monitoring, management and valuation of existing portfolio of investments
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a top university, majoring in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or similar STEM based major, Masters or Advanced Degree strongly preferred
- Computer Science skills or advanced Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- No finance experience is required
The successful candidate will be:
- Bright and flexible, with excellent analytical, strategic and implementation skills
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
- Able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Proactive and high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- A strong individual as well as a team player, capable of building effective internal and external relationships through appealing personal skills
- Uncompromising with respect to integrity in all regards