Date published: 14-May-2018
Fortress’s Credit Fund is looking to hire an Analyst in the LA office to help analyze potential real estate and corporate investments across the US and internationally. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical skillset to be able to assist with and create the financial modelling required to accurately assess an investment opportunity. The Analyst will learn how to invest in various illiquid forms of assets by working side-by-side with top professionals in a close-knit team with a history of making successful investments. No finance experience is required.
The Modeling/Financial Analyst will:
• Create and manipulate cash flow models in excel to help analyze potential investments
• Analyze a company’s financial standings via the use of research reports, financials, public filings and management discussions.
• Identify patterns and macro themes
• Analyze and model esoteric illiquid assets
• Coordinate due diligence on investments including travel as necessary (for site visits or management meetings)
• Develop and present financial analyses, reports and presentations to support decision making in situations involving new investments and existing portfolio companies and assets
• Assist in monitoring, management and valuation of existing portfolio of investments
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree from a top university, majoring in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or similar STEM based major
• Computer Science skills or advanced Excel skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong quantitative skills
• No finance experience is required
The successful candidate will be:
• Bright and flexible, with excellent analytical, strategic and implementation skills
• Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously
• Able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate
• Proactive and high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
• A strong individual as well as a team player, capable of building effective internal and external relationships through appealing personal skills
• Uncompromising with respect to integrity in all regards
Fortress Investment Group LLC collectively with its subsidiaries and operating affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.