Vice President Senior Asset Manager – Commercial Real Estate
Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies.
Fortress’s Real Estate Loans & Equity teams are focused on investing in distressed real estate loan acquisitions, special situation equity investments and recapitalizations, opportunistic lending, REIT debt and commercial real estate structured products. The teams have long-standing distressed investing and asset management experience with a fully tested and integrated origination, acquisition, underwriting, and asset and risk management infrastructure.
Fortress’s Dallas office has an opening for a Senior Asset Manager to join the commercial real estate team, specifically focused on principle equity. The position will be responsible for creating and executing individualized asset business plans in order to achieve the fund’s return objectives. The candidate will directly report to the Managing Director of Asset Management and Portfolio Manager, and have close interaction with the investment team, senior fund managers, fellow asset managers, and supporting analysts and associates.
- Overseeing and monitoring the performance of an assigned portfolio of commercial properties and loans.
- Development and implementation of action steps and strategies to maximize the value of underperforming assets, including workouts, litigation, foreclosure, bankruptcy and distressed partnerships.
- Processing requests for modifications of documents, lease reviews, property releases, reserve releases, construction draws and other situations requiring the Asset Manager’s analysis
- Developing strong relationships and effective lines of communication with clients, colleagues and third parties
- Supervise and drive operating partners and hold them accountable in efforts to maximize value and profitability
- Review and analyze property financials and keep informed of market dynamics and key factors affecting current and future asset performance
- Prepare asset status reports, action plans and annual business for senior management
- Create and lead value-add capital improvement plans on a variety of commercial real estate assets including office, retail, industrial, multifamily, and hospitality assets.
- Effectively interact with in-house departments including but not limited to acquisition team, capital formation group, accounting, and legal to ensure a consistent understanding of performance expectations and efficient use of resources
- Review and become knowledgeable of the transaction documents, with specific emphasis on compliance with performance criteria.
- Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues, JV operating partners, property managers and leasing agents.
- Conduct periodic site visits to review physical condition and compliance standards
- Assist in modeling assumptions for new acquisition opportunities
- Negotiate loan documents, purchase and sale agreements, operating agreements , leasing agreements and property management agreements
- 7+ years of direct and hands on experience in commercial real estate investing and asset management
- Experience in distressed, opportunistic, repositioning and value add commercial real estate investments.
- Experience in managing bridge loans, construction loans, B-Notes, mezzanine loans and subperforming and nonperforming loans secured by commercial estate
- Prior leasing, property management and construction oversight experience.
- Strong modeling and analytical skills including regular use of Excel and MS Office programs
- Acute attention to detail, ability to multitask, and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- A MBA, Masters or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or real estate