Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger and Dean Dakolias, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world, including the RTC Workout and the Asian Financial Crisis. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
Fortress Investment Group’s Dallas office has an opening for a Commercial Real Estate Analyst in the Asset Management Department. This position, which reports to the Vice President/Senior Asset Manager, offers significant growth and advancement opportunities. The individual hired for this position will work directly on a large portfolio of highly diversified real estate investments covering multiple property types and multiple positions in the capital stack. This person will additionally have exposure to real estate development and will interact with developers, equity partners, and industry professionals.
Fortress promotes an open door policy with a strong career track in all aspects of commercial real estate based on individual performance. The ideal candidate should have effective communication skills, strong work ethic, and a desire to learn and assume additional roles.
- Provide analytical and asset management support on a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate equity and debt investments
- Prepare and maintain property and portfolio valuations using discounted cash flow models and Argus
- Review weekly and monthly reporting packages and evaluate variances and trends in operating income and expenses
- Manipulate large quantities of loan and property level data received from third parties
- Develop strong relationships and effective lines of communication with colleagues and third parties (including joint venture partners, property managers, leasing agents, attorneys and loan servicers)
- Implement action steps and strategies to maximize the value of the assets
- Abstract and monitor legal documents such as operating agreements, loan documents, management and leasing agreements to ensure compliance
- Regularly perform site inspections of assigned investments
- Perform market data analysis
- Preparation and implementation of annual business plan
- Assist in due diligence and underwriting on potential commercial real estate equity and debt investments
- At least two years of experience in commercial real estate on the debt or equity side; including experience and expertise in reviewing loan documents, analyzing rent rolls, leases, operating statements, budgets, appraisals, environmental and engineering reports
- An undergraduate degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate
- An MBA or Master’s degree (preferred) in Real Estate or Finance
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, merit driven work environment
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in Argus (Preferred)