Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $41.5 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2019. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
Fortress’s Credit business was launched in 2002 by Pete Briger. Today, the Fortress Credit team consists of over 500 professionals and is focused on investing globally, primarily in undervalued assets and distressed and illiquid credit investments. The investment team, led by Co-CIOs Pete Briger and Dean Dakolias, has a long and established track record investing throughout a number of credit and distressed cycles around the world, including the RTC Workout and the Asian Financial Crisis. With over 100 professionals dedicated to asset management in 14 geographic locations, the Fortress Credit team also has the experience and expertise to manage and service assets with operational complexity.
About The Position
Fortress is seeking a Credit Operations Intern whose primary job functions consist of:
- Assisting with due diligence on operating partners for real estate investments.
- Assisting the team with Cash and position reconciliations
- Daily interaction with custodian banks, trustees and prime brokers
- Interaction with other areas supporting the Credit Funds business.
- Provide backup support to Credit Fund Operation business
- Assist in yearly audit confirmation process
- Participate in various projects across the business
- Current sophomore, junior, or senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from accredited university/college
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel
- Experience with Real Estate Investments preferred
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment