Fortress’s Commercial Real Estate (“CRE”) Asset Management group seeks a highly motivated and qualified Portfolio Management/ Business Analyst. The position will help oversee portfolio reporting, database management and development, business and risk analytics, and special projects for senior management. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, proactive and detail-oriented, with a proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and superb organization, communication, and time management skills required. Knowledge of commercial real estate, database design is a plus.
Fortress is committed to career development and promoting from within for those committed to team work, problem solving, and thinking outside the box. The ideal candidate should have effective communication skills, strong work ethic, and a desire to learn and assume additional roles.
• Understand and help manage CRE Asset Management’s systems and business processes with the intent of streamlining business processes, automating recurring tasks, and increasing the scalability of reporting systems and processes.
• Identify limitations of current systems and processes and work with business users and technology support teams to implement solutions and improvements.
• Design and implement systems and strategies to measure, track, and audit relevant portfolio statics and data for consistency of output, data integrity, and information value
• Manage the proprietary Commercial Real Estate Asset Management database;
• Assist with special projects for senior management including data mining, formulating analytics, and explaining trends and results;
• Contribute to the formulation of policies and procedures for the CRE Asset Management group
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, data sciences, supply chain management or related fields
• 2-5 years of business analysis, finance, accounting, or real estate investment management experience
• Familiarity with key concepts in finance, real estate, and reporting
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, with advanced knowledge of other Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of database operations and design
• Highly motivated, fast learner with a proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Superb organization, communication, and time management skills
• Strong oral and written skills