Fortress Investment Group LLC is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $42.1 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1998, Fortress manages assets on behalf of over 1,750 institutional clients and private investors worldwide across a range of credit and real estate, private equity and permanent capital investment strategies. Investment performance is our cornerstone - we strive to generate strong risk adjusted returns for our investors over the long term. For additional information on Fortress, please visit www.fortress.com.
About Real Estate Loans & Equity Teams
Fortress’s Real Estate Loans & Equity teams are focused on investing in distressed real estate loan acquisitions, special situation equity investments and recapitalizations, opportunistic lending, REIT debt and commercial real estate structured products. The teams have long-standing distressed investing and asset management experience with a fully tested and integrated origination, acquisition, underwriting, and asset and risk management infrastructure.
About The Position
Fortress’s Dallas office has an opening for a Hotel Acquisitions & Asset Management Associate to join the commercial real estate team, specifically focused on principle equity. The candidate will directly support a Managing Director and a Portfolio Manager with deal screening, underwriting, due diligence, execution and asset management of a portfolio of Hospitality investments.
- Screening of potential hospitality investments including desktop underwriting, fact checking, due diligence and recommending investments
- Modeling assumptions for underwriting of new acquisition opportunities
- Investment memo creation, preparation and presentation to investment committee
- Business plan development including market analysis, operations and renovations
- Negotiating loan documents, franchise agreements, property management agreements
- Shepherding the investment through closing
- Asset management of the investment through execution and refinement of the business plan to achieve the investment goals
- 3 - 6 years of direct and hands on experience in hospitality investing and asset management, preferably in a hospitality REIT or other hotel ownership environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or real estate
- Experience in distressed, opportunistic, repositioning and value add hospitality investments a huge plus
- Prior asset management, property management, and construction oversight experience also a plus.
- Strong modeling skills including regular use of Excel and MS Office programs
- Developed relationships with brokers and, ideally, owners and brands throughout the country
- Excellent analytical skills, acute attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment