Fortress’s Real Estate Loans & Equity teams are focused on investing in distressed real estate loan acquisitions, special situation equity investments and recapitalizations, opportunistic lending, REIT debt and commercial real estate structured products. The teams have long-standing distressed investing and asset management experience with a fully tested and integrated origination, acquisition, underwriting, and asset and risk management infrastructure.
Fortress’s Dallas office has an opening for a Commercial Real Estate professional to join the commercial real estate team of Credit Funds business. The candidate will directly support a Managing Director and a Portfolio Manager with deal screening, underwriting, due diligence, execution and asset management of a portfolio of Hospitality investments.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
• Screening of potential hospitality investment including desktop underwriting, fact checking, due diligence and recommending investments
• Modeling assumptions for underwriting of new acquisition opportunities
• Investment memo creation, preparation and presentation to investment committee
• Business plan development including market analysis, operations and renovations
• Negotiating loan documents, franchise agreements, property management agreements
• Shepherding the investment through closing
• Asset management of the investment through execution and refinement of the business plan to achieve the investment goals
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• 4 - 6 years of direct and hands on experience in commercial real estate hospitality investing and asset management, preferably in a Hospitality REIT or other hotel ownership environment
• Experience in distressed, opportunistic, repositioning and value add hospitality investments a huge plus
• Prior asset management, property management, and construction oversight experience also a plus.
• Strong modeling skills including regular use of Excel and MS Office programs
• Developed relationships with brokers and, ideally, owners and brands throughout the county
• Excellent analytical skills, acute attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or real estate
• Demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Unquestionable integrity and ethics