Date published: 9-Aug-2017
FIG Netherlands B.V. (“FIG NL”) is a member of the Fortress Investment Group of companies and affiliates, based in Amsterdam. Fortress Investment Group LLC (NYSE: “FIG”) is a leading, highly diversified global investment manager with approximately $72.4 billion of asset under management as of June 30, 2017. FIG globally is an organization which looks for competent, proactive, confident professionals who communicate openly and honestly and have a desire to learn and assume additional responsibility within the organization.
FIG NL has an opening for a Real Estate Analyst position. This position will have a range of responsibilities in the management of a €800 million commercial real estate portfolio, for which FIG NL has a range of asset management, investment management, and monitoring mandates.
In this role, the candidate’s responsibilities will include: monitoring investments (debt and equity); preparing lease proposals and presentations; assisting the local management team in the negotiation of asset disposals and leases, as well as in the oversight of renovation and re-development projects. Additional responsibilities will include conducting and presenting market research and assisting the acquisitions team with the underwriting and due diligence.
The role provides the opportunity for rapid learning as the Real Estate Analyst will be involved in all aspects of real estate asset management. The Real Estate Analyst will be part of a dynamic team of experienced real estate professionals, which work closely with other FIG affiliates in London, Dublin, Dallas, and San Francisco.
The Real Estate Analyst will:
• Create and present financial analyses for decisions on leasing, capital projects, disposals, and acquisitions
• Review and summarise monthly reports from third-party property and asset managers
• Prepare and present lease proposals and tenant presentations
• Conduct, summarise, and present market research on economic trends and local real estate markets in the Netherlands
• Participate in meetings with existing and prospective tenants and lease negotiations
• Create and maintain transaction data rooms
• Monitor and report on projects carried out by third-party service providers, including agents, construction companies, and lawyers
The ideal candidate will have:
• 2-3 years of full-time work experience in real estate investments, banking, or consulting
• A university degree from an accredited university, in economics, finance, law or real estate
• Strong quantitative, written and oral communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Word and PowerPoint skills.
• The ability to work independently in a demanding environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• A high level of proficiency in English and Dutch, spoken and written
• A demonstrated interest in the commercial real estate industry